Saturday, April 29, 2006

TA and Publishing

Guess what! I just got hired on as a teaching assistant for Dr. Alan Manning’s Linguistics 430 “Theoretical Syntax” starting this fall. The fact that I got the high score on the final was probably a big help. I’m really excited because it’ll give me some great experience, and help me to keep everything I learned this semester fresh in my mind.

Also, my article “Gutenberg’s Heir: The Internet as an Agent of Linguistic Change” was published in BYU’s English Linguistics student journal, Schwa, Issue 1. While I’m not quite sure how you can get a hold of a copy, I’m very proud to see my work in print.

So, two big milestones for me in the past two weeks. Hooray for a great end of the semester! Almost as if in celebration, my friends and I all went camping and hiking last yesterday near Hobble Creek, close to Springville.


The Hikers


Glorious Crossing

Cool Flames



An Orange on Fire


The Source



The Real Source (closeup)